Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Picking up the pieces of pottery

Psalm 31:14-18 (NLT)
"But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying "You are my God!" My future is in your hands. Rescue me from those who hunt me down relentlessly. Let your favor shine on your servant. In your unfailing love, rescue me. Don't let me be disgraced, O Lord, for I call out to you for help. Let the wicked be disgraced; let them lie silent in the grave. Silence their lying lips - those proud and arrogant lips that accuse the godly."

There it is....finally stopping in my tracks and saying ok God, I can't do this alone. In fact, I can't do it at all.  I had to come to a broken moment where I had to give it over to Him completely before I could move forward a single step. I had to stop the whining and complaining, and make a choice that it was time for something different. Was it easy? Of course not! But it had to be done for things to change.

This Psalm is sooooo my testimony! It blows my mind every time I go back and read it. 

I handed my future over to God...I gave up on "finding" the guy, and let God bring him to me.
Rescue me from those who hunt me down....I was able to let go of the fear that John would come back one day for revenge, even though that does sneak in on me occasionally. 
Let your favor shine on your servant...SERVANT, so for me I realized that I had to be a servant, share my story to help others, reach out to women who were hurting too, in order to receive His favor for my life.  It still amazes me every day the women that God puts in my path that needs to here a story of hope. He opens up the conversation and gives me a perfect way in every time. Blows my mind!

Psalm 31:19-24
"How great is the goodness you have stores up for those who fear you. You lavish it on those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the watching world.You hide them in the shelter of your presence, safe from those who conspire against them. You shelter them in your presence, far from accusing tongues. Praise the Lord, for he has shown me the wonders of his unfailing love. He kept me safe when my city was under attack. In a panic I cried out, :I am cut off from the Lord!" But you heard my cry for mercy and answered my call for help. Love the Lord, all you godly ones! For the Lord protects those who are loyal to him, but he harshly punishes the arrogant. So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!"

I love this part...now that we have cried and cried, got out of our pity party, and asked God to rescue us.....here are all the wonderful things He has lined up for us!!! 
Here are some of my favs....
LAVISH....yeah, I know it's only one word, but I still love it. He doesn't just show us goodness, or offer it to us, or give it to us, but He LAVISHES His goodness over anyone who comes to Him for protection. Amazing in my eyes! That's a big promise!
As if that's not enough, He BLESSES us before a world that is watching.  I promise that if you don't think people are watching, you are wrong! Everyone is watching to see what the God that you claim to love and follow is going to do for you.  SO God gets all the glory for being a good God, but we still get blessed! How awesome is that???
Is anything better than His presence? Just in these few verses, it hides us from nay sayers, keeps us safe, and acts as a shelter for us every day.
My favorite is He kept me safe when my city was under attack...my mind was completely under attack, that was the "city" I was stuck in. But once I invited Him into my city, once I cried out for His mercy...He came to my rescue, and agreed to keep me safe always. 

So after all of that I can stand strong and full of courage, knowing that the Lord is always by my side. He is now and forever my hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment