Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Why we are the way we are

I want to be very clear today on this point...

Please know that I do not boast about Dean and I's relationship to just say look at us and how awesome we are and how much our halos are glowing. NOT AT ALL! I share our story, and plaster our love all over facebook for 2 reasons....

1. To give ALL the glory to God! First and foremost. He orchestrated all of this. For a LONG time I question why He would allow bad things to happen to me? Why He would allow me to be hurt, mentally and physically? If He loved me, why did it have to be that way? Here's the thing....there are TONS of things on this side of heaven that I am never going to understand, but that doesn't change the promises of God for my life! What are you choosing to believe as your reality....your circumstances or HIS PROMISES?

Psalm 18:30 says "God’s way is perfect. All the Lord’s promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection."

Did you catch that? It didn't one of His promises, or an occasional promise, or every other promise...but ALL the Lord's promises prove true. ALWAYS!

He promised me that one day my husband would stand next to me in church worshiping Him. Even to the point that we would be doing ministry together. I had to hold onto that promise for a long time to see it come to fruition. Did I lose track of it occasionally? Yes I did. But once I finally grabbed hold of His truth and refused to let go....look how He has blessed me!

2. To show a hurting world that there is always HOPE! God is not sitting up in heaven, waiting for you to mess up, so He can reach down and smite you. I know a lot of us were taught that way as kids, that he was only a vengeful, angry God, but that is so far from the truth. He wants to lavish His love on you. He wants to sing a song over you. He wants to turn your valley of trouble into a gateway of hope (Hosea 2:15). All you have to do is open your eyes to see it and walk through. I love what the Message says in the last verse of that chapter "I'll say to the nobody, 'You're my dear SOMEBODY' and he'll say 'You're my God!"  

God is a God of hope, that's who He is, it's in His nature. Just because it's not in YOUR timing, doesn't make it any less true. So just because me (or anyone else for that matter) has received their promise today, doesn't mean that your's isn't right around the corner....BUT only if you choose to be joyous for me in my time of blessing will you receive yours. You have to be ready to mourn with those as they mourn, and rejoice with those as they rejoice. Right??

So please, don't see this as bragging or showing off or putting on a facade...I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams. But I have been at the lowest of lows, and the darkest of darkness, I know what it's like.But I had hope in the word of God. I knew that He had not forsaken me. He had a plan for me. And He wouldn't say it unless He meant it. His word is true. He was and still is my HOPE! He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I also know that through showing others my broken heart and my past hurts, that He will not only heal others, but He will continue to heal me as well. 

"You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word." Psalm 119:114

"Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him." Psalm 62:5

"Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 43:5


No comments:

Post a Comment