Sunday, March 9, 2014

Psalm 31 study continued...

At first, I was going to move into the next section of Psalm 31, but truly I am still stuck on the idea of God's rescue. I thought of a story today that someone had told me once, and it linked right into this story of rescue. 

Think of yourself on the end of a fishing line. God is holding the pole, but He has released the tension. He will let you run as far as you want to go, keeping a close watch on you the entire time. You can run, and run, and run. He never jerks you back against your will.  BUT...when you finally let go, relax, and give over control....He will slowly reel you back into His arms.  He will always rescue you.

There are plenty of other verses to show that He is ready and willing to come to your rescue....

“When you arrive in your own land and go to war against your enemies who attack you, sound the alarm with the trumpets. Then the Lord your God will remember you and rescue you from your enemies.

1 Samuel 2:1
Then Hannah prayed: “My heart rejoices in the Lord! The Lord has made me strong. Now I have an answer for my enemies; I rejoice because you rescued me.

2 Samuel 22:17
“He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters.

2 Samuel 22:20
He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.

1 Chronicles 16:35
Cry out, “Save us, O God of our salvation! Gather and rescue us from among the nations, so we can thank your holy name and rejoice and praise you.”

God rescued me from the grave, and now my life is filled with light.’

This just scratches the surface of the times that God came to the rescue. He wants to, He loves you, you are His favorite child, He wants to keep you close and protect you. But here's the thing....you have to be willing to be rescued. You have to want it, and want Him.

I thank God every day that I finally woke up and asked Him to save me. To bring me back to Him. To let me come back to Him. I can only pray that nothing will ever separate us again. Lord, thank you for loving me so.


No comments:

Post a Comment